Tuesday 24 June 2014

My 5 Summer Nail Picks!

Hello!  I am here today to share with you 5 of my favourite nail polishes which get repeatedly painted on my nails through out the summer months. All of them are pretty colourful, and if you can't go colourful in the summer then when can you. Right, lets get in to more detail.



First up is the Rimmel 60 Seconds polish in Lose Your Lingerie which is in the Rita Ora collection. This one is a light baby pastel pink colour with a soft silver shimmer running through it. It is a really lovely colour and looks great with a tan, you need a good three coats to make sure it's not streaky and a nice opaque colour, but other than that I can't fault it. It has good lasting power when used with a base and top coat too - which is something I never skip. I don't want to stain my nails!

Next is the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine polish in Huckleberry. This is a lovely pale greyish blue that is opaque in two coats with a pretty decent lasting power. The great thing about this nail polish is that is peels off clean because of its gel-like formula, even though you probably shouldn't do that 'cause i'm pretty sure it isn't good for your nails!

One of my favourites of the five is Sunday Funday by Essie. I LOVE this shade and it's absolutely perfect for toes. I just find the shade of bright coral pink so flattering against my skin tone and I love the silver shimmer that it has too (a little glitter never hurt anybody right?). The lasting power is, as all Essie polishes on me, really great and the wide brush makes them super easy and idiot-proof to apply. 

Next up is one that I didn't think I would like as much as I do! It's the Rimmel Salon Pro polish in Soul Session, which is a part of the Kate Moss collection. It's this beautiful dusky pinky rose hued nude and I just love it. It hasn't been off my toes since I bought it. This one only takes a couple of coats in comparison to the other Rimmel nail polish I mentioned, but it is really lovely. I was umming and arring in the aisles of boots whether to take this shade or not, and I am super glad I did. 

And last but definitely not least is the Maybelline Super Stay Gel nail polish in the colour Forevermore Green. This. FORMULA! It is pretty much opaque from one coat and it lasts so long! It says 7 days on the bottle and it means it! And the colour is lovely too, I wanted a bright teal turquoise colour and this one fits the bill perfectly, it's slightly greener than your average turquoise but I really like it. 

So, that's it, my 5 summer polish picks! Let me know what you think of them, and what your favourite summery nail colours are!

Lots of love,
Hayley
x

No comments:

Post a Comment