Tuesday 18 March 2014

Bourjois CC Cream Range

Hello! Recently I have been trialling a few new bases to see if there are any high street picks that will be able to replace my Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer when it runs our (sad face), so when I spotted these in Boots (3 for 2 - hello!) I decided to give them a go. They are the 123 Perfect CC Cream and the 123 Perfect CC Eye Cream.



Lets start with the CC Cream. I really like this stuff as it feels really light to apply but gives you decent coverage. It is very thin when it comes out of the tube, so I like to use it with a brush, specifically the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, instead of my hands. I also find that this stuff does have colour correcting properties to it, as it cancels out the redness of blemishes and some darker spots pretty well. The only problems I have with this is that the colour range is pretty atrocious and it doesn't feel hydrating at all. I find that the Healthy Mix Foundation by Bourjois is a more hydrating option, and it gives better coverage but that is expected.

The CC Eye Cream is a thing I haven't seen anything similar to on the high street. It has a really thin consistency compared to other under eye concealers, so isn't very high coverage. I do find this product very hydrating on the eye area which is a problem I have so this has become a very well loved product of mine. It does colour correct the dark circles sightly, but if you have very intense dark colour or bags under your eyes then this definitely won't cover it. I also really like the silicone applicator as it's much more hygienic than a brush or sponge and is still gentle when you use it under your eyes. Again, the only problem I have with this product is the colour range, I think there are only two shades to pick from which isn't enough. Also I wish they had one that was more of a pinky tone to help counter act the dark blues under my eyes. 

So all in all I do really like these products and i'm sure I will use them often, but I am still on the hunt for something that gives coverage and hydration like my Bobbi Brown base. 

Lots of love,
Hayley.
x


No comments:

Post a Comment