Saturday 8 February 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte & Lacquer Balms!


These are the new lip releases from Revlon and my oh my, aren't these beautiful?! 

If you haven't already heard about these, they are an extension of the original crayon type product from Revlon called the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, & they are so good. First off, just look at that packaging! The matte & super shiny effects reflect the product inside which makes it so much easier to find what you're looking for, & the twist up end makes it very user friendly. 

But lets get started on the product. I decided on the colours Mischievous (an orangey peach shade) & Shameless (a vibrant purple shade) in the matte balms, & Coquette (glittery barbie pink) in the lacquer. One of the first things I noticed with these was the minty scent, the same as the stains, which I quite like (I find it slightly more subtle in these new crayons), so if you don't like the original scent then I would be wary of that. 



Mischievous (Matte)


Shameless (Matte)


Coquette (Lacquer)

The star of the show for me is definitely the matte balms. They're fantastic, as they look matte when applied, but they don't feel it at all! They feel exactly like a lip balm on the lips, so hydrating & creamy, & no tight, dry feeling which I normally get with any form of matte lip product. The lacquer balms (from the one that i've tried) are lovely too, but it's a much more common kind of product to find on the high street though I am sure I will get plenty of wear out of it this summer. 

I think I have decided that Mischievous is my favourite shade, it's not like anything else I own & it warms up my skin tone nicely. Shameless is very out of my comfort zone, but I am going to force myself to wear it every now & then instead of sticking to the safer colours.


(Please ignore the mess! I was too excited to tidy up! Bad blogger!)

All in all a total win for Revlon! It's going to take a lot of self-control to stop myself from running back to Boots and buying the whole lot!

Have you tried these yet? Which colours are you favourites?

Lots of love,
Hayley.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment