Tuesday 4 February 2014

Battle Of The Gradual Tanners

Being a super pale girl in winter is tough. My legs look like milk bottles & people think I am ill or coming down with something half the time, so I have been looking for the solution.

I have never used a '"real" fake tan before, i'm too scared of going patchy, & because i've suffered with eczema before I imagine that would happen and would look awful. Also, I don't like the idea of having orange hands.  There are sun beds, which I have also never tried, because I burn like no other and I would come out looking like a lobster, not with my desired look of a slight warmth to the skin. 

Then I found gradual tanners (hallelujah!) & I think i've found the one. But first, I will tell you about the ones that I have tried. 



The first one I tried was the Garnier Summer Body gradual tan moisturiser. This one smells like apricots and it's SO good. No biscuity scent in sight. The colour was very light but there & no sign of patches or orange hands, the only downfall to this product was that it didn't give my skin enough hydration. Suffering with eczema means I have to moisturise after every shower or bath to keep my skin in top form, but this stuff just didn't do enough & I was having to layer it with other products which meant it was very time consuming & didn't work as well on the skin. But if you don't suffer with skin issues like me, this one could be great.

Next, I tried the Dove Summer Glow & Soft Shimmer Nourishing Lotion. This one was a lot more hydrating on my skin, & the colour was strong. Me being me accidentally bought the Medium to Dark Skin option, but that just meant that the colour built up quicker on me. It smells very similar to the other Dove moisturisers, so it felt very clean and nice to use. It did patch a bit around dry skin areas, but the one thing that put me off this product was the shimmer. On the product they call it a soft shimmer, but in certain lights it looks like a full on glitter! I felt like a real life Edward Cullen, so sadly this one has been pushed to the back of the drawer. Maybe I may try it again before a night out? Probably not. Sorry Dove!

And last but definitely not list, it's the one they all rave about, the Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion. This stuff. Smells. INCREDIBLE! It smells so much like cocoa I almost want to eat it. The moisturising benefits this one has are great, so perfect for my problem skin. And the bronzing effects are really strong. I found I had to be the most careful with this one, as orange hands & patches have happened with haphazard application. But the scent & the moisture this gives mean that I am definitely willing to try a bit harder for this one, so scrubbing my elbows and knees has now become a daily thing just for this beauty. 

Have you tried any of these gradual tanners? Got any recommendations for me?

Lots of love,
Hayley
x

No comments:

Post a Comment