Tuesday 21 January 2014

Underrated Products #1 - Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

Hello! This post is going to be the first of many, as I plan to have 1 review a month of products that I feel are underrated! It may end up being 2 per month, or maybe none if I can't find one. 

This is a product I rarely hear people in the online beauty community talking about, so I think it is definitely underrated.  The Maybelline New York Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in 100% Black.



As you can see in the photo, the wand of this mascara is a fibre one so it deposits the perfect amount of product on to the lashes. It is also a good size, as I don't find it's so big that I end up with mascara all over my eyelids, but it isn't too small that it takes ages to apply. I have quite naturally thick lashes, so in an everyday mascara I look for length, not too much volume and no clumps, and this does the job perfectly.


In this photo I have one coat of the mascara on my right eye. You can see how it has elongated my lashes, and added some volume too. One of my favourite things about this mascara is that it adds length and volume, but keeps my eyelashes separated and natural looking at the same time. 


In this one I have added a second coat. It doesn't do much to the volume, but it makes them extra black and adds a little more length. This mascara is really a one coat wonder, so the second coat doesn't look like much. What I like to do if I want some drama, is use this as the first coat to separate, and then use a volumising mascara on top. The current one i'm using is the Revlon Lash Potion Mascara.


In this one it's on both eyes. 

All in all, I really like this mascara. It has been a staple in my collection since I was about 15, so that must mean it's good! It does what I want it to do, but if you're after something to give you incredible volume, then this one probably isn't for you. I have just purchased the Maybelline The Rocket mascara, so we'll see how that compares as I know that one is raved about. 

Any mascara recommendations for me? I love trying out new products.

Lot's of love,
Hayley.
x













No comments:

Post a Comment