Tuesday 28 January 2014

Cream & Powder High Street Shadows - What Do You Prefer?

I've always been a bit scared of eyeshadow, as whenever I've tried it in the past I could never get it to blend right and it always looked awful on me! Recently, I have been getting a bit better at it, but I have been noticing in recent years how cream shadows are shining in the beauty world. Be it shadow sticks, cream shadows or shadow paints, they seem to be turning into the top choice for the everyday girl who wants something that is easy and looks great in one sweep. 

So, are powder shadows becoming an outdated product on the high street?



My Top Picks: Sleek i-Divine Eye Shadow Palette in Storm and the Rimmel Glam'eyes Quad Eye Shadow in Smokey Brun

There are pros and cons for both formulas of shadow. For example, with powders you can be much more precise and build up colour very easily; but sometimes it's difficult to find good quality shadows in the high street, so it can get quite pricey and choosing which colours will look right with your outfit, or getting the right look from them can be a bit complicated. 


My Top Picks: The Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks in Bulletproof Beige (very well used!) & Bad Bronze, the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe, and the Topshop Crayon in Mink I think? I found this in the sale for £1(!!!) so I don't think they sell this one anymore, but many other brands do things similar to this, such as Avon.

On the other hand, cream shadows are super easy to use as all you need is your fingers to blend the edges and you're done. Also you can get some really good quality cream shadows at the high street so they can be a much cheaper option, but it's more difficult to get the precise look from a cream shadow, and the colours are tougher to build up to make  super smokey eye like you can with powder shadows. 

Personally, I think powder and cream shadows make the perfect duo when teamed together. I love the precision of powders, and the simpleness of creams which create a super long lasting and pretty eye look when used in conjunction.

So what do you think? Are you crazy for cream shadows or sticking with classic powders?




No comments:

Post a Comment